But there are a number of Asian countries where a Google SEO Specialist will not be able to give you a majority of the search engine traffic, even if they manage to rank no. 1 in Google. Do you know which countries we are speaking about? Here comes the list!
5 search engines larger than Google in their home market
- South Korea: Naver has a market share of 42.78% in South Korea, against 41.32% for Google and 8.8% for Daum, according to Statcounter (Sept, 2010).
- Russia: The Russian search engine Yandex has a 64.6 % market share, against only 22 % for Google, according to LiveInternet.ru (June, 2010).
- China: Baidu is used by almost 60 % of the Chinese internet population, against 38.9 % for Google in China/Hong Kong, according to Statcounter (Sept, 2010).
- Taiwan: Yahoo: I Tawain är Yahoo ännu kung; 51.4 % marknadsandel för Yahoo mot 47.18 % för Google, according to Statcounter (Sept, 2010).
- North Korea: Both Yahoo and Bing have been reported to be bigger than Google in North Korea during certain periods of 2010, according to Statcounter (2010).
You found any other examples where Google are no. 2?